Disk Defrag

cadet 16:10 08 May 03

I have left my computer on all day to try to defrag, but still only 10%. Can somebody let me know what I have to do so that it will complete the operation. I have ME

©®@$ђ 16:14 08 May 03

2 options

1/press ctrl,alt and delete together and this will bring a box up and close every program down except explorer and syst tray and then defrag

2/restart computer keep pressing f8 until options show and choose safe mode and then goto defrag

both of these options stop programs from running in the background which cause defrag not to finish, and takes allot longer as you have found out

anchor 16:21 08 May 03

Try defragging in safe mode. Hit F5 when booting up.

Alternatively, try the free "Diskeeper Lite",

Download it here:

click here

Bailey08787 16:24 08 May 03

i remember leaving mine defragging for two and a half days once - it was extremely fragged!

GroupFC 16:31 08 May 03

You could try and get hold of freeware Diskeeper Lite and as I have seen favourable reports here, about this programme (althought I haven't used it myself).

see this link here click here

Andsome 16:59 08 May 03

I liked Diskeeper Lite so much that I have now downloaded the paid for version. It can be configured to run continuously in the backgound, and the drives all stay at 100%. I run it on two hard drives simultaneously and have detected no slowdown at all. You can just use your computer in the usual way and would not know that Diskeeper was running.

cadet 07:16 09 May 03

thanks everybody the diskeeper lite did the job, and the computer is now running better.
john

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…