disk clenup

mccullan 21:23 06 Jul 03

My disk cleanup does not work. No error message appears. Just freezes while scaning the disk. Progress bar will not move. I'm using Windows 2000 and have just finished installing everything. Can anyone help?

Giggle n' Bits 00:51 07 Jul 03

do you/can you get to the part where it shows tick boxes ? If yes, just have a tick in one or two boxes to start then do it. Repeat with more boxes ticked until you do them all.

Its probably trying to clean up too many junikie files in one possible as you computer is not powerfull enough or configured well.

If still stuck call back and we will try something else.

mccullan 13:17 07 Jul 03

Thanks for the reply. The disk cleanup was hanging at the compress files stage when the progress bar is being displayed. However I have reolved the problem by doing a clean install. Didn't have anything on the computer anyway as I was just setting it up. I think some the files were deleted along with a virus. Everything seems to working o.k now though. Cheers anyway though. Ande.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…