Disk Cleanup in WinXP

ColinPaul 17:40 16 Sep 03

Disk Cleanup in WinXP starts okay (from the 'Accessories' menu) but only gets as far as three green blocks before freezing. Please can someone tell me what is wrong and how I can fix it?

Thank you.

Granger 19:13 16 Sep 03

Could it be you've got too much stuff to clean up? Try using Tools > Internet options in IE to do some of the cleaning. Then empty the Recycle bin manually. See if the cleanup program works after another couple of days.

-pops- 19:17 16 Sep 03

I have a machine where this happens. There is a M$ fix for it but having had it happen a few times, I now use click here

Granger 19:20 16 Sep 03

I was just about to add that mine pauses for ages on 3 blocks too, because I have lots of "old" files the machine is scanning. Wish I knew how to stop this part of the process from happening.

bvw in bristol 19:21 16 Sep 03

click here

Number 48, right hand side. (Don't forget to read the instructions at the top of the page.)

ColinPaul 23:21 17 Sep 03

I'll try the download!

hugh-265156 01:13 18 Sep 03

click here or the problem i have had before with xp and disk cleanup is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…