Disk cleanup in Windows Vista ?

Antonio Machado 01:08 16 Sep 09

Hello experts !

I have my P.C. with Windows XP and I remember long time ago I programmed the "Disk cleanup" in the Start Menu, I just click on it and it cleans space from the Hard Drive, including Downloaded Program Files, Temporary Internet File, Microsoft Error Reporting Temporary Files, Recycle Bin, Temporary Files, and WebClient/Publisher Temporary Files).

Now I recently bought a Hitachi laptop which came with Windows Vista. How could I do the same operation in Windows Vista ? To be sincere I don't even remember how I did it in Windows XP.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, best, Antonio Machado.

gigagiggles 04:46 16 Sep 09

hello.

vista: classic control panel/performance information and tools/open disk cleanup

mooly 07:31 17 Sep 09

or click computer in the start menu, right click the partition you wish to clean and select properties and then disc clean.
In Vista restore points take a lot of space so you can also click the "more options" tab in disc cleanup and select "delete shadow copies" This will delete all but the most recent restore point which will free up many gb of space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009