Disk cleanup

astra46 00:32 03 Mar 04

When i checked windows disk cleanup, it showed 13,458 kb of temporary internet files.

I use cleanup, is it safe to delete these files. I thought that cleanup deleted these files?

Megatyte 01:40 03 Mar 04

Delete them.

AH

hugh-265156 01:56 03 Mar 04

this will find and remove even more.tmp and are safe to delete on the default settings.click here great little program.

Megatyte 02:02 03 Mar 04

No need for any third party software. All the tools are available in Windows (the most powerful one being right click, delete)

AH

temp003 02:28 03 Mar 04

You should clear your temporary internet files folder regularly anyway.

To do it manually, in IE, click Tools, Internet Options, or on the Desktop, right click IE icon and select Properties. It opens the General tab. In the middle section on Temporary Internet Files, click Delete files.

You can also change the setting for how large the internet "cache" should be, by clicking "Settings" in the same section. By default it's a certain percentage of your hard disk space, which is way too large. You don't need more than 10MB, but you can set it larger or smaller than that as you like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…