disk clean-up problems in xp

i am having trouble with my disk clean -up,if i start>prog>acc>system tools>disk clean-up and clean disk C:,the window appears with the scan bar about 1/5th of the way across and just stays there,after a while the fans in the tower fire up and nothing much else happens.if i try drive D: the window doesnt eaven appear

VoG II 22:28 27 Feb 04

hi vog , tried both those links,but neither worked , i still have no clean-up.i dont know weather its relevant but spy-bot keeps trying to download "Avenue A.inc" which is prety constant,also a couple of trojans today

hector 911 23:33 27 Feb 04

boot in Safe mode and try again.

always boot in safe mode anyway,tried vog's first link again and nailed it,so ill click resolved on that one,cheers vog.still abit concearned about this constant "Avenue A.inc" known threat,cant see anything in add & remove. i find its most promenemt on ebay and pca,any idea how i can find and remove its source programme?

johnnyrocker 23:44 27 Feb 04

spy bot does not d/load it prevents rather than allow.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 23:46 27 Feb 04

you havent got it it is trying to install run a google check for info.

johnny.

but where is it being generated as the pop-up is constant

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…