Disk clean failed, Buzzing noise, i wiped out HD

joeysbody 04:40 07 Mar 09

Help plz... my HP pavilion first started making a wierd buzzing noise after i tried doing disk clean that failed in the middle. When i came back to my computer, it had a black screen, and then started making the buzzing noise after i restarted it. Then when that persisted, i backed up my files on an external hard drive and wiped out the hard drive in the pc. then i tried reinstalling windows vista and it failed in the middle of that, froze up and the monitor looked like it was freaking out by going to a blue fuzzy screen and going black again. now screen keeps going into power saving mode and i need help plz.

joeysbody 05:13 07 Mar 09

I have a Gforce 7950gt graphics card, 2 gigs of ram, intel core 2 duo 2.6GHZ, windows vista 32bit , had it for about 2 1/2 years, with trend micro anti virus ... but im positive this is not a virus.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:16 07 Mar 09

Could be your hard drive is failing, how old is the machine?

Try another Install of Vista but make sure to format the partition first.

joeysbody 17:44 07 Mar 09

It's around 2 1/2 years old , and i wiped out the partition and tried re-installing vista 32bit, and it freezes up in the middle of the re-installing. ... and how do i format te partition?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 07 Mar 09

It should give you an option to format the partition at the begining of the install procedure.

joeysbody 18:14 07 Mar 09

I am now just waiting to see if the installation is successful. How long should this take?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009