disk boot failure

loganly 16:32 09 Sep 07

when i start my vista pc i get a black screen with disk boot failure at the top if i press reset button sometimes windows will load but i have no restore cd only the original vist cd rom and now even pressing reset button gets me nowhere please help thanks

six-h 16:52 09 Sep 07

I too suffered this message for some time at each boot up with a new Medion PC.
As I'm far from technically aware, Medion guided me through some diagnostics, finding that the Bios had somehow reverted to their default settings.
Problem persisted, and PC travelled many miles in the next 2 months, culminating, after many harsh words in both directions, with a personal visit from 2 of their engineers from Swindon, on a Saturday! who discovered the problem - a flat battery on the motherboard!

loganly 16:57 09 Sep 07

system is only 6 months old !

User-1159794 17:03 09 Sep 07

Take it back from whom you got it.It is still under warranty.

loganly 17:40 09 Sep 07

gonna ring em tomorrow
wanted to see if i could fix it on here

Sharpamatt 20:08 09 Sep 07

Have you tryed checking the ribbon cable is not loose. both ends. esp if its been moved

skidzy 20:37 09 Sep 07

Did you install the os (Vista) ?
Did you have the pc built ?

If pre-installed:

Have you checked if you have a hidden partition that may have the recovery/restore app.

Normally tappinf F11 or F10 on startup will take you into the hidden partition possibly giving you 3 options.

Something like:

1) Restore to factory settings (destructive)as the machine shipped.

2) Reinstall windows saving data

3) Reinstall windows losing data but saving hardware configuration.

You could try:

Start / Right click Computer and select Manage / Disk Management and look under Disk0 for the partition to confirm if it exists.

Beware if opening the computer case to check for loose ribbons or sata cables,you may VOID any warranty !!

loganly 22:20 09 Sep 07

got it from pc option dont have a recovery disc

skidzy 22:23 09 Sep 07

have you tried my above advice as we know you do not have the recovery disc.

loganly 22:28 09 Sep 07

yes says primary partition
also i am getting repeated windows updates for malicious removal tool i have downloaded almost 35 of these 1 after another is this ok ?

skidzy 22:36 09 Sep 07

Not to sure whats going with your pc at the moment,im wondering if you are infected with a virus or malware.

Have you tried system restore to a time before the problems started ?

Also try safemode,tapping F8 on startup and select Last Known Good Configuration.

Some advice click here
if infected.

Or try a repair with your Vista disc click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now