Discontinuing an email address

Channel 18:37 22 May 05

Ihave a lineone email address that I used only for buying online, or for info from companies-newsletters etc.Since using it once on the Microsoft forum, it has attracted so much spam, that I no longer give it, and use a tiscali one instead.It continues to attract spam-about 15 letters daily, filtered by Norton Antispam, and I want to discard it. When I asked Tiscali, they weren't helpful.If I just delete it from Outlook Express, would that work ?(I assume when people change addresses frequently, they just stop accessing the old one.Is that so ? )I just use the computer at home.Thanks.

Night Ryder 18:44 22 May 05

This has been discussed in the past. There is no way to delete the account from the server. Best thing you can do is delete as you say from Outlook Express and forget about it. Create a new email account and add this to OE. Just don't make the same mistake again.

Channel 19:50 22 May 05

That is what I wondered,so thanks for the confirmation.I certainly won't give out my address again !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…