Disconnect/Stay Connected Box

Pucky 11:14 28 Dec 03

I used to have a box that appeared on the desktop that asked if I wanted to disconnect or stay connected to the internet. It has gone. Any ideas how to get it back?

nickhick 11:18 28 Dec 03

Go to Control panel and then Internet Connections and then right-click on your ISP and select 'properties'. You'll see a check box against 'show icon in notification area'. This should be ticked.

petersmyth1 11:30 28 Dec 03

Pucky I don't know what o/s you're using but if you double click on the 2 wee TVs in your systems tray when you're online that box comes onscreen. .....Peter

Stuartli 11:36 28 Dec 03

Tools>Internet Options brings up the same box.

The Stay Connected/Disconnect box usually appears if you close all Internet windows down such as IE and OE without first disconnecting.

Ben.s 11:50 28 Dec 03

hi everyone ineed help!
i had just finished building my computer
when it was really late,but i decided i would just try it out....and walla! it worked went straight into the BIOS settings but it was late so i would go to sleep an in the morning i would set it up but it doesnt work now an i dnt know why please help
thanx alot.....ben

Stuartli 12:07 28 Dec 03

Try starting a proper thread in the HelpRoom rather than hi-jacking an entirely unrelated thread.....:-)

Gongoozler 12:21 28 Dec 03

Hi Pucky. Tools - Internet Options - Connections - Settings - Advanced, then put a tick in the box for "Disconnect when the connection may no longer be needed". However this isn't totally reliable because Microsoft appear to have a different idea of "when the connection may no longer be needed" from the rest of the world.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…