Disconnecting From Broadband Temporarily?

noclue 15:49 18 May 07

Hello, I have a BT Total Broadband Home Hub and a Netgear WG111v2 Wireless adapter and at times wish to disconnect the adapter temporarily from the internet for periods of time. I have tried various methods and have taken advice from the Netgear help forum but have found no real solution because when I disable the Netgear software and remove the adapter from the Safely Remove Hardware Icon the Netgear Adapter is not detected when rebooting. I just wondered if anyone else had a similar set up and could advise me. If I cannot get this to work corectly I am considering throwing in the towel and also wondered if the is an adapter with reliable software that can be recommended or are most wireless adapters a pain to get working properly. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

setecio 17:24 18 May 07

I think you could just pull it out without disabling it. My understanding of the 'stop hardware'option is to avoid file corruption on USB memory sticks. Since nothing is being written to a WG111 you can just pull it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5