Disconnect router from pc and loses connection

superhoops 20:36 05 Jul 08

Hi all. I may be barking totally up the wrong tree here but I thought that once the network is set up I was able to disconnect the router from the main pc and move the pc somewhere else.
I have the network setup so I can access the laptop around the house and that works fine. I want to move the pc across the room and leave the router where it is to avoid trailling cables from the phone socket. However when I disconnect the yellow cable from the pc the connection is gone.
If i put the mouse over the little 2 screens icon in the notification area it says I am currently wirelessly connected so I don't understand. Any replies appreciated. The pc is now vista and I am on o2 broadband.

ambra4 21:11 05 Jul 08

You need a wireless adapter for the desktop to connect via the wireless system

ambra4 21:13 05 Jul 08
  superhoops 21:18 05 Jul 08

Is that not what I am using already to send the wireless signal to my laptop

superhoops 21:36 05 Jul 08

Sorry ambra4 it was me being a total d...
Have just realised that I hadnt plugged in the arial into the back of the pc. Had the pc for a year and a half but had never attempted to move the pc away from the router until tonight. Cheers

ambra4 22:44 05 Jul 08

Yes it help if you connect the antenna

Tick box and click the solved button

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…