DISCONNECT FROM PHOTOBUCKET

Macnut 17:19 07 Dec 08

My son used my computer to connect to photobucket. Now I keep getting pictures of Skate Boards on my Google Desktop (Windows Vista). I delete the photos but then they pop back as the computer connects automatically to the photobucket website. How do I stop this? My son hasn't a clue!!!!

Rahere 17:29 07 Dec 08

You should look in the programs list to see if any photobucket software appears there - does it have an uninstall option?

If not found above then you need to look in control panel under add/remove programs to see if it's listed there and remove from there if possible.

If this doesn't work then block the program either in your firewall settings or from starting at all using msconfig: start>run>type the word msconfig and press enter look what programs are listed under the tab marked start up - remove the tick marks next to the photobucket program click apply save and restart the pc

Sea Urchin 17:59 07 Dec 08

Photobucket is an image hosting site - but I can't quite see how it would be downloading photos of its own volition. Maybe Photobucket has become your Home Page? In IE go to Tools/Internet Options and check the URL for the Home Page

Rahere 18:07 07 Dec 08

hi Sea urchin, I agree, I couldn't find any mention of desktop themes or software on their website either

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now