//some 3rd party need geo

Disconnect from Internet in XP

TN 18:18 01 Dec 03

When I had Windows 98 I was able to disconnect from internet by clicking the Internet icon on the taskbar which brought up my connection details and I then logged off. In XP I cannot find any icon to enable me to disconnect and I have been having to shut down the computer to get the cinnection terminated. I am certian there is a simple method which I just cannot find details of.
All help appreciated.

eddie937 18:20 01 Dec 03

how do you connect to the internet?

VoG II 18:25 01 Dec 03

Start, Control Panel, Network connections. Right click on the connection and select Properties. On the General tab tick "Show icon in notification area when connected". That should get the icon back.

eddie937 18:28 01 Dec 03

are you using a software program to connect to the internet if you are you will have to use a dial up connection to get the icon back in the tray

VoG II 20:01 01 Dec 03

by e-mail

I cannot find that option in the General section of the connections - are you sure it is in Windows XP?
Sorry for giving you this extra work but thank you for taking the time to help

==========================

It should be there - at the bottom of the dialog box - it is on my XP Home.

bruno 20:09 01 Dec 03

I agree with VOG.In XP Pro it is in bottom left corner of General.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…