Disconnect fron IE6

StuartF 13:06 14 Jan 03
  StuartF 13:06 14 Jan 03

Have recently bought an new PC running XP and therefore IE6. One problem : on my old machine whenever I wanted to exit IE a little message popped up asking me if I wanted to stay connected or disconnect now. No such message as yet with IE6. Where can I find it so that I can safely disconnect from the telephone line and not end up paying a fortune to BT?

Stuart

watchful 13:27 14 Jan 03

You could try:
Control Panel - Network & Internet Connections - Internet Options - Connections Tab - Settings - click on Properties next to username box - make sure the box at the bottom (show icon in notification area when connected) is ticked.
You'll then get the little PC icon near clock which when right clicked gives you option to disconnect.
Hope this helps.

watchful

mark3110 13:30 14 Jan 03

Hmmm Long time since I used a dial up connection but I seem to remember that Auto disconnect is set from the Dial up network connection file, found in START/PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/COMMUNICATIONS. Or, if you have the connection Icon on the system menu you may be able to right click on it for the required options.

Hope this helps but like I said its been a long time since I have used DUN so a bit fuzzy.

Regards

Mark

©®@$ђ ‹(•¿•)› 13:47 14 Jan 03

open internet explorer/tools/internet options/connections/settings/advanced

and tick disconnect when connection may no longer be needed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…