?disconnect first or not before running scans?

end 14:33 21 Sep 04

according to a posting on this thread

click here

it is almost essential to disconnect from the internet and diable any firewalls etc before running any scans such as sbybot, adaware etc, else to load internet pages will be impossible, adn conmection will not happen ( unless I have totally " misread it);

having got spybot on here and adaware, and running them frequetly, IS it essential to run thenm with the internet OFF as the other thread suggests, or ....

"floor advise" please..

VoG II 14:44 21 Sep 04

Nope! Definitely not.

The removal of certain spyware can result in a non-working internet connection IF the removal is done incorrectly. That should not happen with either Ad-aware or Spybot, run when you are connected to the internet or not.

In any case a fix is available click here

end 15:17 21 Sep 04

that"s a glorious "Catch 22" ::)

you"ve got to be connected to do that and if you cannot connect then, to coin a phrase " you are buggered":::)))

next...!

VoG II 00:18 22 Sep 04

There is no next if you want to be so deliberately rude.

The solution is obviously to download the fix before you tinker.

However, there is no need to since Ad-aware and Spybot remove spyware correctly. The winsock error only occurs if you attempt a botched removal yourself.

It is up to you as to whether you think that an apology is in order.

end 08:11 22 Sep 04

rudeness was/is not intended,
you have my apology, in public, :(

Old Shep 09:12 22 Sep 04

That is a very good link - thank you. Have downloaded it just in case!! as per your advice to end

end 14:13 22 Sep 04

to expand on my 0811;
my comments at 1517 were an attempt at humour which have evidently totally "backfired":(

again, you have my apology

I will now go and serve my time in my corner

mea culpa

VoG II 14:49 22 Sep 04

Apology accepted, end. Thank you.

If I were you I would now let this slip to page 11.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…