Disconnect

Spr 13:59 30 Apr 04

When I'm on the net for about 10 minutes my ISP disconnect itself how can I stop this?

scooby43 14:05 30 Apr 04

does it happen when your not doing anything for 10 minutes,or is it just doing it anyway

mgmcc 14:41 30 Apr 04

Some ISPs, particularly with 24/7 or freetime packages, will disconnect you after a short period of inactivity.

If you are being disconnected after 10 mins, because you regularly leave the connection idle for that time, set an email program to check for new mail every 9 minutes.

VCR97 19:31 01 May 04

This might help. I used to get a message box during long downloads which said that no activity had been detected (!) for several minutes and that the line would be disconnected in, I think, thirty seconds. Below this was a "Stay connected" button. Near the bottom of the box was a tick-box against words like "Do not use auto-disconnect". I ticked that box and have had no trouble since. (I don't understand how the system can say that there is no activity when data is pouring over the line.Perhaps it means keyboard activity?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…