Disc won't copy

Les T 21:06 24 Feb 06

Hi folks, tonight i tried to copy one of my game discs (IL-2 Sturmovik), however i got a message saying that one or both of the discs was dirty. Needless to say the burn was not successfull, i am using Window XP SP2, 1GB RAM, 125GB Free Hard Drive space. I used Sonic Record Now to try and burn the disc. It was to copy for my own personal use by yhe way!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:29 24 Feb 06

Its probably copywrit protected to stop you burning another disk.

It is illegal in this country to make a backup even for peronal use.

terryf 23:19 24 Feb 06

Have you tried using Nero to make a copy? My Nero tells me when disks are copy write but still goes on to copy

wbiggchiefy 23:40 24 Feb 06

I presume u have cleanes the disk properly
If not just as with an old LP use a lint free cloth or get a proper disc clesner (I would be wary with the disc cleaner however and make sure any excess cleaning fluid is removed as this can seriously affect a dvd writer.

I find the best prog to copy with is probably not Nero - but it depends on what u want to copy - it is obviously illegal to make a copy of anything which is copyrighted (but if u look hard enough u will find the software u want)
I shouldn't type this but u can get most of the apps on P2P sites - some of the software is actually free to try (Copy DVD for example which I think gives 30 days) but others on the sites are not legal - --be warned!
Chiefy

wbiggchiefy 23:44 24 Feb 06

My discs start to copy if they show they are copyrighted on nero and then the write fails at about 70% - any ideas?

billyliv 00:31 25 Feb 06

Cut your burning speed down. cheers, Bill

Les T 22:13 25 Feb 06

I've downloaded a trial of Nero 7, which has performed the job perfectly.

Thanks to everybody

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…