Disc Size Manager - RECYCLER

researcher 12:39 23 Apr 06

Win XP home. NTFS file system.

Can anyone please advise re the hidden file RECYCLER - location C/RECYCLER. I have just run DSM for the fist time and the RECYCLER file is taking up 800Mb of space.

It contains all sorts of files with WinRAR archive zips & Jpegs taking up most of the space, but also includes mp3, word docs etc.

I can't seem to access any of the files, my qEustion is, is it safe to delete all folders in RECYCLER?

snapscan 16:15 25 Apr 06

if you enter C/RECYCLER into google the results could help you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:44 25 Apr 06

C:\RECYCLER

is the system protected folder that is used to store the files you delete, to empty click the recycle bin on the desktop to open it then select empty recycle bin fom the file menu.

To delete files with out sending to recycle bin just ppress shift and delet keys together.

in case you want to remove it using TweaksXP utility (click here) Explorer->and check "Disable Recycle Bin". But , be aware... when you delete a file it will not go to RecycleBin but it will be lost forever.Good Luck.

researcher 19:25 26 Apr 06

Hmm, I do not think that the RECYCLER is the same as the Recycle bin because my recyle bin is empty, however, the RECYCLER folder (entirely seperate in the directory) has 800Mb of stuff in it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac