Disc Management Force Format

rawprawn 16:08 01 Feb 05

I am going to format my Slave HDD, if I go into Disc management to force format it lists my C: drive as Healthy and my D: (Slave) as Healthy Active. If I tell it to format I get a message that it is in use and if I format it may cause problems.To the best of my knowledge it is not in use, the only thing I can think of is System Restore is monitoring it. Any advice please

SANTOS7 16:14 01 Feb 05

I dont think it will be system restore as it does not show as active on any of your other drives as it does not on mine you may well still have something writing to the disc but not sure what

Diodorus Siculus 16:14 01 Feb 05

Turn off system restore; also check if the page file is on that drive.

rawprawn 16:18 01 Feb 05

How do I check if the page file is on that drive.

SANTOS7 16:21 01 Feb 05

Having had a quick look around it may well be labeled active because it is formatted as a primary drive that can hold an O/S

rawprawn 16:23 01 Feb 05

Do you think it is safe to format it?

rawprawn 16:25 01 Feb 05

I should add, you may be right. It was the C: drive in my old computer

SANTOS7 16:27 01 Feb 05

i would check Dio Sics advice first but i dont see why not

rawprawn 16:29 01 Feb 05

OK, thanks I will await his return.

SANTOS7 16:32 01 Feb 05

Start>control panel> perf and maint>system>Advanced>settings>advanced>click Change you should see your drives listed and whatever drive you have your page file allocated to

rawprawn 16:37 01 Feb 05

I'm on XP, I don't see what you are saying

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…