Disc Full Problems

peterleemaxwell 19:55 24 May 04

Hi,
I need help. I have a hard drive of 4.3Gb. that has a O.S.XP Pro on it. For a while now I have had spare 700 to 800mb. After an enforced restart, I'm left with 57mb.I had done all the usual clear-outs temp-files, Docs and setting
Local settings and got rid of all loose stuff.
Run a virus check, all clear. Cleared the 'Norton' protected files. Looked at the folders on the drive and saw nothing new. System Restore will not function at less than 200Mbs.
Any help please.
Lee

Indigo 1 20:08 24 May 04

Would be to upgrade the Hard Drive.

Depending on your machine you might be able to do this fairly easily and cheaply then you could just install a fresh copy of your Operating System and copy all your documents straight over to it.

I suspect that your PC is a little older than most (they haven't insatalled 4Gb HDD's in new machines for a while) but you should not have too many problems.

peterleemaxwell 20:14 24 May 04

Hi Indigo 1,
This H.D. is small yes, but I only use it for the O.S. I have two others that carry all the progs. (17GB) and one for video/films (120Gb).
Thanks for your help and advise.
Lee

cream. 20:23 24 May 04

Don't know if you have done this? Right click the recycle bin and pick properties. Now is it set at the default 10%. That would be 430Mb for you. If so drop it to say 1% this would give you nearly 400Mb more space.

peterleemaxwell 20:38 24 May 04

Hi 'T.V.I' Thanks for the tip. Had it at 1% for awhile. Its set at 41.4Mb. Not a Village Idiot!!(Geek!!)
Lee

Indigo 1 20:47 24 May 04

Why do you need System Restore running ?

You could free up enough space to get it working by disabling Sys Res.

peterleemaxwell 20:59 24 May 04

Hi Indigo 1,
System Restore will not operate with less than 200Mb of free space. At present I'm running since re-start after a 'crash' 57 to 100Mb.
Thanks for the help.
Lee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…