Disc Full Problems

peterleemaxwell 19:54 24 May 04

Hi,
I need help. I have a hard drive of 4.3Gb. that has a O.S.XP Pro on it. For a while now I have had spare 700 to 800mb. After an enforced restart, I'm left with 57mb.I had done all the usual clear-outs temp-files, Docs and setting
Local settings and got rid of all loose stuff.
Run a virus check, all clear. Cleared the 'Norton' protected files. Looked at the folders on the drive and saw nothing new. System Restore will not function at less than 200Mbs.
Any help please.
Lee

PSF 20:01 24 May 04

Windows might have performed a memory dump after the crash.

Have a look in your Windows folder in the c: drive for a file called Memory.DMP, you will find it will be large. You can delete it to regain your space back.

Fruit Bat 20:01 24 May 04

Silly question but have you emptied the recycle bin?

peterleemaxwell 20:06 24 May 04

Hi PSF,
Thanks for the advise. I'll have a look.
Hi Fruit Bat,
Yes I emptied the 'recycle bin'.

peterleemaxwell 20:27 24 May 04

Hi PSF,
Looked but didn't see it. Thanks for your help.
Lee

PSF 20:34 24 May 04

I checked mine and found a 768 MB DMP file. search c: Windows for any files with .DMP

peterleemaxwell 20:45 24 May 04

Hi PSF,
I'll give it a go, Thanks
Lee

peterleemaxwell 20:51 24 May 04

Hi PSF,
Tried search. *DMP and Windows.DMP and took a look in the windows folder. Saw nothing with DMP.
I'll kep looking.
Lee

PSF 21:12 24 May 04

There is some info here about Memory dumps click here

The loaction of mine was c:windows\memory.dmp

peterleemaxwell 21:21 24 May 04

Hi PSF,
Just been reading click here Learning all the time. Can never say 'I know everything!' I read your link now. I had 19Mb. in Dr. Watson. Still short of my missing Mb's. Thanks for all your help. PSF.
Lee

Fruit Bat 21:29 24 May 04

having read this posting just done a search for *.DMP and found auser.dmp + several mini dumps all 64kb

Didn't realise these were building up in the system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…