Disc Drive Problem Please Help!

AshMidnight 17:41 08 May 15

My disc drive makes a strange almost beeping sound when I insert a disc, the light flashes and then it goes silent and doesn't read the disc! Please Help! the Disc drive is a MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8FBS

Lenovo Z50-70 Windows 8.1

AshMidnight 17:42 08 May 15

Please note I have already tried deleting the thing in RegEdit

cpunk 17:45 08 May 15

if it was working fine and just started happening it could be disk read error. have you tried cleaning the laser or anything? i think you mean dvd rom not ram.. but dvd drives are cheap to replace if faulty... how old is it? you could replace it with a bluray player and it will still play dvd etc...

AshMidnight 17:46 08 May 15

I got the laptop at Christmas and no I haven't tried cleaning the laser. Is it easy?

AshMidnight 17:47 08 May 15

I got the laptop at Christmas and no I haven't tried cleaning the laser. Is it easy?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:00 08 May 15

Please note I have already tried deleting the thing in RegEdit ????

Clean the disk

Uninstall and re-install the drivers in Device manager or

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41 Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. (This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio or other writing software.)

click here XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it. A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect. This utility is only intended for Windows® XP, but also appears to work for Vista and Windows 7. You may need Administrator level access to use this utility. If you do not have Administrator level access, the program will say it is finished, but will not have made any changes.

Similar fixes click here works for W7 Vista or XP click here manual fix Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer. If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

Download or

rdave13 18:06 08 May 15

I would advise to contact the seller as soon as. It is under Warranty and even if replacing the drive is simple you will void it.

bumpkin 19:22 08 May 15

I agree with rdave, if the item is under warranty let them fix it, if you start messing around with it yourself then you can dig yourself into a hole where the warranty on the whole machine is void.

wee eddie 19:30 08 May 15

Assuming that it is not a hand-me-down,it may easily be under 6 months old. Any faults are regarded as inherent and should be repaired without quibble.

So, find out where it was bought, get proof of purchase and contact them ASAP.

bumpkin 19:32 08 May 15

Cleaning the lazer is simple just buy a cleaning disk and run it in the player I doubt very much if it requires cleaning anyway if just a few months old unless it is situated in an Opium den:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…