Disc in Drive A not formatted

Goringboy 06:39 01 Jan 05

I have successfully installed a slave hard drive since when trying to use a floppy the above error message is received. It will not complete a format. It would appear that the A drive is not now reckonised but this is debateable since the PC boots up without any trouble. Any assistance on this annoying development would be much appreciated. I am using XP.

€dstowe 08:27 01 Jan 05

This can be caused by the multiway cable being inserted the wrong way round - either at the motherboard end or the drive end. If you disconnected the floppy drive when you did the alterations, check your cabling.

If it's not that, then it is likely that the drive is duff. You can get a new one for less than £10.

howard60 12:26 01 Jan 05

I would suggest you check the cables to the floppy - you could have loosened one when fitting your new hard drive. It is better to remove the cable and then insert it rather than banging them in.

Brian-318590 12:29 01 Jan 05

is the floppy drive light on all the time as this sometimes indicates the cable is on the wrong way around

Goringboy 13:24 01 Jan 05

THANK YOU for all of your help. As you say the cable had got loosened to the floppy drive.A good hard push and all is well. Perhaps I will keep up my sibscriptions after all !!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…