Disc Drive

918 14:31 PM 07 Dec 12

A quick Q on my disc drive,the only way i can open it is with the old paper clip trick,now and again it will open but not the often.... Now is it the disc drive thats faulty,or what....Cheers 918..,;-))

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:55 PM 07 Dec 12

Can be caused by a loose data cable - check fully inserted at the drive and motherboard.

Some software players / burners lock the drive and you need to click on the players eject button in software as the hardware button is locked out.

918 17:43 PM 07 Dec 12

Some software players / burners lock the drive and you need to click on the players eject button in software as the hardware button is locked out.

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4192368/disc-drive/?pn=1#ixzz2EOB5qvRl

It works ok now and again,so would the above still apply,if so ow do i go about finding the " eject button in the software" Cheers 918..,;-/

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:41 PM 07 Dec 12

Yes a loose cable will cause intermittent failure.

open up "My Computer", right click on the DVD drive, and choose eject.

woodchip 22:03 PM 07 Dec 12

Just right Click the Drive and click on Eject

918 14:43 PM 15 Dec 12

Now sorted with a new rubber band ,;-)) Thanks for your replys..,;-))

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites