disc defrag

swanny2 15:47 28 Apr 05

last nite b4 i went bed i thought id do a defrag after 10 mins bing!! so i got up it said u need 2 do a disc scan 1st so i did 10 mins later bing! got up again it said u have programmes running please close too run disc scan i had closed everything down i pressed alt ctrl delete an this is what was in there .

lexplore
lexplore
systry
yes lexplore twice .again .so i cant do a defrag now . any help appreciated ta :O)

quack 16:14 28 Apr 05

Start the computer in 'Safe Mode' by pressing key F8 as soon as you switch on. You will then get a screen asking you to make a selection as to how you want to boot. Select 'Safe Mode' using your cursor keys (the 4 arrows pointing to all points of the compass) then press 'Enter' and when the computer has booted to 'Safe Mode' run Disk Defrag. This way you will have no programmes running in the background and Disk Defrag will run straight through without interruptions. The Windows Help Page will probably load as you are booting into 'Safe Mode' just close it down so you can see the desktop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…