Disc Cleanup (XP Home)

hoverman 09:11 08 Jun 03

Facts: I have been browsing on the Internet and know that I must have a number of Temporary Internet Files.

Problem: When I right click on my hard drive icon and select Disc Cleanup the figure for the Temporary Internet Files is shown as zero. Same when I launch Disc Cleanup via Start/Run and entering 'cleanmgr'. Also via Start/All Programs/Accessories/System tools.

However, if I go to Start/Help & Support and do a search on 'Disc Cleanup' and launch it from there, a figure is shown for the Temporary Internet Files.

I usually delete these files through Explorer Internet Properties but I am rather puzzled by the above.

hoverman 09:19 08 Jun 03

Also, if I go Start/Help & Support/Tools (under Pick a Task)/Disk Cleanup, a figure is shown.

hoverman 11:15 08 Jun 03

Guess who is feeling like a complete idiot at the moment? Just checked in Internet Properties and found a tick in the box to empty files when browser is closed. Don't ever remember putting the tick in though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…