//some 3rd party need geo

Disc cleanup

Janet-201707 19:43 23 May 05

Was using the disc cleanup on Windows XP Home and noticed in the list of clean up items a file that said'Old Compressed Files' that held about 24,000kb and growing of old files, but search as I may to try and find these files to see whether they are worth keeping, I cannot find these zipped files anywhere. Can anyone tell me whether it is worth worrying about and if so how the heck do I access them to find out what's in them???? Many thanks

Jono92 20:04 23 May 05

Hi there is probably nothing to worry about i trut disk clean up and if the files are compressed there next to impossible to find!
If you want to a similar program to disk clean up then download tune-up uttilites from download .com.
Its a 30 day trial but it gets rid of all old junk that could be cloging up your hard drive.
Hope this helps
Jono

mattyc_92 20:36 23 May 05

Windows intends to "compress" old files to save disk-space... They're not in a ZIP archive, but just "compressed".... The files will be in "blue" (where the name of the file is normally black)...

I have over 300megs of compressed files, it doesn't worry me as I know what they are, but I see how you could get abit nervious if you don't... lol

Buchan 35 00:06 24 May 05

Worry not at all abut these files, just delete them all. It feels like you`ve got too many bits of rubbish in your temporary files.

Janet-201707 06:42 24 May 05

Thanks everyone for the info. If I could find the files as you suggest Buchan 35, I most certainly would delete them, that's the problem, finding them. LOL. We 3-4 times a week make sure ALL tenporary internet files are dumped, so I think it is not that.

Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…