Disc Clean Up Not Working

chrisbenwalker 21:49 28 Jan 07

Hi all, I have a problem when I try to run disc clean up - it just hangs and says it it compressing files, may take several minutes. I have left it for a couple of hours but still no joy.

I have checked the microsoft website, and says could have corrupt temp file, and to delete by doing (Run > ?temp? > delete) and to try again, which did not help and only made my PC behave erratically and had to run a restore.

Does anyone ahve any suggestions as to what could be the cause/solution?
Thanks , Chris

skidzy 21:51 28 Jan 07

Maybe firstly delete a load of possible junk with ccleaner click here

Jak_1 21:53 28 Jan 07

you are better off using a program like Ccleaner, much more efficient.

click here

Jak_1 21:53 28 Jan 07

Great minds and all that, Skidzy, lol

skidzy 21:54 28 Jan 07

So they do Jak,hope your ok ...dont know about great mind here though Lol :-))

sinbads 21:56 28 Jan 07

or try this one click here

chrisbenwalker 21:56 28 Jan 07

Thanks guys for the advice, I'll give it a go and update on this thread how I get on. Thanks again, Chris

skidzy 22:00 28 Jan 07

I agree with Sinbads regarding Cleanup,this app can be set to how aggressive you want it to be,but beaware if using the aggressive option....use caution and create a restore point.Default settings of this app are pretty reliable though.

Though i find ccleaner safer to use.

chrisbenwalker 20:28 29 Jan 07

Thanks for the advice in this forum, I have downloaded and successfully removed nearly 1 gig of junk from my pc that I was trying to remove using Windows Disk Clean up. I will be using Ccleaner in future.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…