disc check on restart

kiz 10:08 19 Jun 03

When I have to do a restart (because of the computer freezing), I no longer get the automatic disc check. Could you avise how to put this back
thanks

©®@$ђ 10:17 19 Jun 03

i would recommend doing a full scan, which can take quiet some time, some errors may need fixing full explanation of scandisk click here

assuming you have 98 or windows me,

click on start, then run. Type in msconfig and hit ok. This will bring up the System Configuration Utility. Click on Advanced under the General tab. make sure the box next to "Disable Scandisk After Bad Shutdown isn't selected

kiz 12:38 19 Jun 03

sorry, checked the "disable scandisk after bad shtudown" and it wasnt ticked. I have scanned and found errors but would rather it was done automatically (it used to do this) as my computer is crashing alot - thats another story!

woodchip 12:49 19 Jun 03

Check this out, right click MY COMPUTER\Properties\Performance\File System\Floppy Disc\put a check mark in the box if you have not got one

kiz 15:44 19 Jun 03

thanks,woodchip, that did it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…