disbling scan disk in xp

steve1027 13:31 31 May 04

I'm running Windows XP and recently had a problem that required me to boot from recovery and run scan disk to remove some rogue files from boot reg. Somehow (don't ask me how) this has resulted in hard disk being converted from FAT32 to NTFS. I didn't realise this immediately and set Scan Disk to run again on next start up. Now every time I boot up computer it goes straight into scan disk, fails to scan (because the drive is now NTFS), then boots up as normal. I've tried cancelling it through the drive's property tabs, and it isn't showing in scheduled tasks. How can I stop it doing this?

VoG II 13:37 31 May 04

click here may help you.

Why the file system should have changed to NTFS, and why chkdsk won't run on an NTFS partition is beyond me.

steve1027 14:18 31 May 04

Thanks, i used the link and removed the boot.ini from the registery. Seems ok now. Cheers for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…