Disappearing Windows after Sleep

Stephanie 16:40 12 May 10

I'm having a problem at present which is slightly irritating rather than serious.

I have my tv connected to my pc via a vga cable. The tv is my secondary display. This works fine when I want to watch a program I have recorded on my pc through the television.

However if I allow my computer to hibernate, when I wake it any open applications have migrated to the television. Initially I was laboriously dragging them all back on to my pc monitor where they stayed until the next time it hibernated. Lately, I have discovered that if I open the Nvidia Control Panel( I have a Nvidia Geforce 7300 GS graphics card), the open windows return to the monitor without further ado. I don't have to do anything in the control panel; simply opening and closing it does the trick.

The settings I have both in the nvidia and windows own settings are that the tv is the secondary display.

Anyone know of any way I can stop the windows migrating in the first place?

woodchip 17:16 12 May 10

I have had problems after starting from hibernate, like not connecting to network etc

Stephanie 08:55 13 May 10

Luckily I've got no serious problems after hibernate. This problem is just a minor irritation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017