Disappearing Windows after Sleep

Stephanie 16:40 12 May 10

I'm having a problem at present which is slightly irritating rather than serious.

I have my tv connected to my pc via a vga cable. The tv is my secondary display. This works fine when I want to watch a program I have recorded on my pc through the television.

However if I allow my computer to hibernate, when I wake it any open applications have migrated to the television. Initially I was laboriously dragging them all back on to my pc monitor where they stayed until the next time it hibernated. Lately, I have discovered that if I open the Nvidia Control Panel( I have a Nvidia Geforce 7300 GS graphics card), the open windows return to the monitor without further ado. I don't have to do anything in the control panel; simply opening and closing it does the trick.

The settings I have both in the nvidia and windows own settings are that the tv is the secondary display.

Anyone know of any way I can stop the windows migrating in the first place?

woodchip 17:16 12 May 10

I have had problems after starting from hibernate, like not connecting to network etc

Stephanie 08:55 13 May 10

Luckily I've got no serious problems after hibernate. This problem is just a minor irritation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…