//some 3rd party need geo

disappearing typed characters in Email letters

Yimbo 00:35 13 Oct 04

I'm sure it's very elementary, but I'm finding for whatever reason that if I make a mistake in typing,deleting the wrong letter,on the left of the cursor, using backspace and inserting the right letter causes the next character on the right also to delete - meaning that I have to enter the whole sentence (and sometimes an entire paragraph) again. Every left delete causes the next right letter also to delete! Probably I've pressed a wrong key somewhere which activates this (useless??) process - - but which one? How do I get my keyboard to "work" normally? Incidentally, I am sooo grateful for this "Helproom Forum" and the benefit of all you guys and gals out there with your computer omnicience! Thanks!

beeuuem 01:13 13 Oct 04

On the keyboard next to the arrow keys is a key 'Ins'. This changes the type from 'insert' to 'overtype' Yours is set to overtype. Push the key once and try typing online again.

Yimbo 13:44 13 Oct 04

Thank you Beeuuem! I knew it was going to be something simple! Wish they were all like that!!

beeuuem 15:44 13 Oct 04

I won't tell you how long it took me to find that out when I had the same problem :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…