Disappearing toolbars

Cobra 15:32 25 Jun 03

I,ve lost all my toolbars for word 2000 only. The rest of office 2000 is alright. Can anyone help.
Desperate from Worthing

VoG® 15:38 25 Jun 03
  keith-236785 17:53 25 Jun 03

do you still have the menu toolbar?

if so right click on it, and choose "standard, formatting & drawing", this should put back the default toolbars.

hope this helps

keith-236785 17:55 25 Jun 03

or click on customise and then the toolbar tab, set it to how you want.

good luck

Cobra 18:10 25 Jun 03

Hi Paperman

No mate. Not a toolbar of any sort in site. All you get is the basic page. When you click file the options are for the file only. ie open, close, minimise, maximise. You have the x on the top right to close the file. If you right click within the page you get the font, paragraph etc menus. There is no access to the toolbars at all. i have repaired and uninstalled and reinstalled. No change. I have deleted the normal.dot file and also copied a normal.dot file from another computer. No change.

VoG® 18:25 25 Jun 03
  keith-236785 20:00 25 Jun 03

cobra

on the menu you do have, can you see view?

if so click view/toolbars and then customise,

if not then Vogs links might help

Cobra 14:40 26 Jun 03

Thanks to paperman27 and Vogs for your help.
Answer to my problem was to start Word using the run command, finding the winword.exe file and inserting the /a switch at the end of the command line. Word started fine. I then found the normal.dot template and renamed it oldnormal.dot. All is good.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…