disappearing taskbar on closing multiple monitors

goffin 12:11 05 Oct 07

Hi

I have a PC with a Radeon X1300 video card and Vsita Ultimate. I have been using two monitors (card has two outlets) to extend my desktop successfully but when I close the secondary monitor, the taskbar becomes transparent and I can only switch between applications by Alt-tab. to get back to normal, I have to restart.

is this a problem with the video card, Vista or what? not a huge issue but I would like to know a work-around
Ta

TopCat® 16:13 05 Oct 07

When you connect an additional monitor to your computer, the Start button and taskbar are located by default on the primary display—typically, your computer display. If you want the Start button and taskbar to appear on a different display, you must designate that display as the primary display.

To designate the primary display
1. Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.

2. On the Monitor tab, click Identify Monitors.

The display that is identified by the number "1" is the primary display.

3. Click the numbered icon that represents the display that you want to designate as the primary display, and then select the 'This is my main monitor' check box.

4. Click OK.

5. When prompted to keep the settings, click Yes.

i used click here with vista, never had any problems. excellent program you need 3.0 beta1 for vista. i used it since feb with no trouble at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…