disappearing task bar icon

dms05 16:04 10 Feb 06

I've just installed Real Player v10. One side effect is my Network and Dial Up Connection icons have disappeared from my Task Bar. The box to make them visible is ticked in Network Connections/LAN/Propeties, but they've gone. I tried uninstalling Real Player but that hasn't helped. Any ideas how I reinstate them?

dms05 16:34 10 Feb 06

I've tried Tweak UI and Fresh UI and they both say the icons are enabled. Is it worth trying the Repair Icon facility?

ade.h 16:35 10 Feb 06

What are they currently set at in Taskbar Properties??

dms05 16:39 10 Feb 06

I have Task Bar set at: Keep on top /Group similar / Show Quick launch / Show Clock. I usually have also Hide inactive but I've disabled that as I try to problem solve!

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:43 10 Feb 06

Go into the customise bit and see if the priorities need to be changed.

ashfordkent 16:45 10 Feb 06

If you want a Player which plays RP files but will not mess up your PC try "real player alternative" search in google for this

rawprawn 16:49 10 Feb 06

click here
Try this, I have found it an excellent little tool.

dms05 16:53 10 Feb 06

I've tried Customise and the relavent icons are marked as Show when Active. I've changed that to Always Show. They still don't. But I've also noticed my VoIP icons gone as well and that's marked Always Show. Guess Real Player 10 has really messed up my settings.

I've rebooted several times and that hasn't helped.

dms05 17:03 10 Feb 06

Well done! I ran the tool, selected the Hide/Show in Notification Area and the icons reappeared. Nice little tool worth bookmarking. Many thanks.

britto 17:04 10 Feb 06

try system restore

Hertz Van Rentyl 17:05 10 Feb 06

click here

Go to the Win XP fixes page and the 11th entry on the right hand side "Reset inactive tray icons"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…