Disappearing Sound

Ashlee 20:05 28 Feb 04

Hi can anyone help me with a problem i have with the sound on my PC.I have sound that disappeares after my PC has been running for various lengths of time, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after an hour or so. Also occasionally there will be no sound after the PC has booted up, but a reboot brings it back on line. I have checked device manager and there are no problems reported with the sound card and i have down loaded the latest driver from the soundcard makers web site but this has made no difference. My PC is an Athlon 2400+ with a Realtek AC97 soundcard on the motherboard, running Windows XP. Can anyone help me with this.Thankyou

handy4x 22:40 28 Feb 04

i had the same problem with realtec ac 97 you have to make sure that their is a windows sound (aswell as realtec )icon in the system tray ie the speaker icon if your sond goes off just move th volume on this up and down and th sound will return it seems to be real player that is the problem with mt=y system and this was thier answer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…