Disappearing Printers

The Curzon Kid 01:26 28 Jan 06

I have lost all my printers in the Printer and Fax folder!! All the icons and text have disappeared. I have tried to install a printer but get and error message saying that the operation could not be completed. I have also had a SPOOLSV.EXE Application Error reading:

The instruction at "0x00bbb27f" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".

I am on XP Home SP1 and have 2 HP printers; an All in one psc 2210 and a 3200 laserjet all in one.

I have recently set up a wireless network and before that upgraded to System Works 2006 and Internet Security 2006 from Symantic.

I have had problems with the 3200 stopping working (could not communicate with pc error) but the 2210 has worked fine till today.
I have looked in the files and allthe software appears to be there and there are no errors in the device manager.

Help!

John

jack 08:50 28 Jan 06

From what you have said -I cannot put a finbger on what has happened. but for starters. Do this

1. Try a system restore to the day before the glitch.

2.go to Control panel/Hardware/ device manager and checkout the USB section- you are looking for the usual yellow beasties-

Remove any you see
Shutdown
Wait a few minutes
restart
Disable any anti virus software
Reinstall printers from disks

The Curzon Kid 11:28 04 Feb 06

Thanks Jack,

Everything working now!

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…