Disappearing Print Jobs

mEmo99 20:19 28 Feb 06

I've installed the software for a HP Photosmart 7150 on my laptop running XP, i get a beep when i connect and disconnect the USB cable so the laptop knows it's there and i didn't get any errors when installing the software.
The thing is that whenever i send a document to the printer, the printer icon flashes in the taskbar and disapears, nothing prints nor does the printer show any activity and the print queue is empty.
I've tried a different cable and USB port to no avail. Any ideas please?

terryf 21:16 28 Feb 06

Try going to Start>Settings>Printers and Faxes then click on your printer and Printer Tasks will allow you to see whats printing. When you check on whats printing , click on Printer in the menu of the window that appears, it might be that the printer is set to Pause printing

mEmo99 21:44 28 Feb 06

I've watched the queue and seen the jobs appear and disappear, no "error printing" message in the status column. It looks as if it prints and says deleting, but nothing is sent to the printer...

terryf 21:57 28 Feb 06

I have 2 printers, when I select either of them and look at properties, there is the facility to print a test page. This would show that the computer can send data to the printer as part of the trouble-shooting

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:21 28 Feb 06

Seems not to be spooling or queuing the printjobs for some reason, has the USB port been configured properly when you installed it, not familiar with HP bit should be a properties box somewhere with a ports tab, may be labelled as virtual printer port for USB or similar.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:23 28 Feb 06

Is it set as default printer.

mEmo99 18:04 01 Mar 06

The print test page option doesn't work, the job appears and disappears in the queue, but nothing prints.

I've been in to the ports section and there is a virtual port and also a dot4 usb port, it's currently using the dot4 and when i change it to the virtual port and try the print test page option the print job sits in the queue, doesn't disappear and after a couple of seconds "error printing" appears in the status column.

Argh! Keep the idea's coming, they're much appreciated...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…