Disappearing pictures in Office XP

pross 15:09 24 May 04

I recently upgraded my PC. New Motherboard (NVIDIA nFORCE2), processor (AMD ATHLON), video card (S3 Savage 2000) and Windows XP Professional (SP1) and Office XP Professional.

Since the upgrade I have had problems with pictures disappearing in the Office applications. At first I thought it was Word only, but recently found the same problem in PowerPoint and Excel.

I insert Pictures from File and no matter what the source the picture doesn't always appear immediately. It appears when I change the wrapping, but then disappears when I scroll or insert another picture. This does not happen with ClipArt.

The red cross does not appear, but sometimes there is a frame, sometimes part of the picture and sometimes nothing at all.

Although the picture is not visible it prints out.

I have checked the Options in Word and found that Picture Placeholders is unchecked and Drawings is checked.

I use the same software on a laptop with no problems. I tried copying the Office settings from that machine to my own but it made no difference.

I have searched the Internet for a solution without any luck. Any ideas?

pross 12:22 13 Aug 04

I have now discovered that this is probably a driver problem related to the savage video card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…