disappearing pictures

corkscrew22 20:14 26 Jan 06

Here's a strange one, if I do a screen dump and paste it into MS word (2002 sp3) all i get is the box outline until I right click and select show picture toolbar, then it appears, if I however scroll down the page the picture disappears, i can get it back by repeating the right click etc. I found some stuff on the web saying it's graphics drivers. I dont think so since pasting screen dumps into excel or power point work no problem
I’ve got a far from satisfactory work around for the problem and that is to reduce the hardware acceleration down to a point where all drawing accelerations are off, which is obviously no good. this problem is only in ms word. can anyone help?

ade.h 20:17 26 Jan 06

There is an annoying option in Word 2000 - and I suspect that it will have been carried over - that enables the showing of picture placeholders only and not the pictures themselves. What this acheives is anyone's guess, but it might be the root of your problem. The pictures appear in print preview, I think.

VoG II 20:19 26 Jan 06

It has - it is set in Tools|Options, View tab. But I'm not sure that's the problem here.

corkscrew22 06:51 27 Jan 06

i have tried all the different views and the various options for placeholder etc makes no difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…