Disappearing Pics

yorky925 16:30 06 Dec 03

I attempted to transfer a folder, named ”My pictures”, from my downloads to my documents, I was informed that a folder by this name already existed in My documents, I went into my documents and renamed the folder ”My Pictures 2”,I then started the transfer again. Unfortunately I then found that the transfer had been successful but, my original picture folder had been deleted with all its contents.
Is it possible to recover the My Picture folder , If so how?. I am using xp home.
I do hope you can make sense, of my description of events.

woodchip 16:45 06 Dec 03

If you have not done any thing else go to EDIT in Windows Explorer and choose Undo

yorky925 17:19 06 Dec 03

Thanks Woodchip,
have done that, no joy.
I notice that nothing is being shown in the recycle bin, how do I correct that ?

yorky925 14:04 07 Dec 03

Still hoping for a sugestion that will restore my pictures and tell me how to make deleted items apear in recycle bin.

VoG II 14:13 07 Dec 03

You could try a file recovery program like click here

beeuuem 14:17 07 Dec 03

System restore won't change data but it may be worth a try as renaming the folder may be recognised as a system change.

yorky925 14:31 07 Dec 03

beeuuem...........Just tried that, still no joy im afraid

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…