Disappearing Menu Bar

M_S 19:37 23 May 03

The Menu Bar at the top of Word 2000 has disappeared and the annoying help assitant is the only thing visible when I open Word. If I right click on the blank grey bar at the top and scroll down to customize there is only a couple of toolbars there not the list that should be there, the list is still there in Excel or Access it is only Word that is affected.

Lú-tzé 19:44 23 May 03

Try the repair function in MS Word - it can be accessed from Help_Detect and Repair

If help on the menu is not visible, click somewhere on the blank page and press Alt and then H (while still holding down Alt key). That might bring it up.

The other way to get to detect and repair is from the add/remove programs - try it if the above does not work for you.

M_S 20:34 23 May 03

I have tried removing Office and reinstalling and Word still comes back without the Menu Bar. Help

Rtus 20:55 23 May 03

I may have misinterpreted this.. But is the MenuBar ticked in VIEW?

Lú-tzé 21:16 23 May 03

M_S - in that case, get a prog called eraser 2000 which completely removes O2k from your pc (more more cleanly than is achieved by the add/remove progs routine).

First remove O2k with add/remove programs.

Reboot

run eraser 2000

reboot then reinstall O2k.

click here for eraser 2000

Please back up everything before going ahead though - just in case...

Lú-tzé 21:17 23 May 03

click here for a direct download link.

Simsy 22:30 23 May 03

"Full Screen" mode. When this happens the menu bar disappears.

Try pressing Alt & C together.

good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

VoG™ 22:46 23 May 03

On the Tools menu, click Customize.
Click the Toolbars tab.

In the Toolbars list, click Menu Bar. Do not click to clear the Menu Bar check box.
Click Reset.

Word displays the Reset Toolbar dialog box with the following message:
Reset changes made to 'Menu Bar' toolbar for:

Normal.dot

NOTE: If you are making changes to the menus of a custom template, make sure that your custom template name appears in this message.

Click Close.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…