Disappearing internet downloads

rafould 13:29 01 Jun 06

After years with no difficulties whatever three days ago my Windows XP PC has suddenly developed a problem with all files I try to download from the web.

Whether I click a 'download' icon or use 'save target as' and then either 'open' or 'save', the file appears to download according to the dialogue box but is not saved in the location it was to be downloaded to. On some occassions, if the location the file was to be saved to is watched in explorer during the download, the file momentarily appears then disappears and cannot then be located at all.

No software changes were made at the time this problem arose except for automatic windows updates.

Any help with the likely cause of this problem and suggestions on how I may fix it would be very gratefully received.

Diversion 13:45 01 Jun 06

When you have downloaded a file go to search files and folders to see if it has been downloaded to somewhere else, I have to do this often as I have 340GB+ divided into four partitions.

billwalk 19:50 17 Oct 06

I am having the exact problem with internet d/lds
have you had any resolution yet ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…