Disappearing Inbox Folders

Jayeff 20:03 17 Aug 05

A strange thing has happened in my Outlook Express Inbox. The folder "Newsletters" and its sub-folders have disappeared. All the other folders are still there and work properly, but I can no longer access my newsletters. All the relevant .dbx files are still in the proper store folder. Can anyone suggest how the folders have gone from the Inbox and how can I get them back?

Gongoozler 20:10 17 Aug 05

The files may have become corrupted. Try recovering them with DBXtract. Version 4.5 is free click here, but the more sophisticated version 5.01 is only $5 click here

Jayeff 20:39 17 Aug 05

Thanks Gongoozler for your rapid reply. I'm not sure if DBXtract or similar is the answer. The .dbx files are still where they should be and seem to be intact. It is the folder names in the Inbox which have disappeared. Can I simply re-write them, or will that result in new (empty) newsletter.dbx files being formed?

Gongoozler 20:46 17 Aug 05

Hi Jayeff. I'm not suggesting that DBXtract will solve the problem, but it will at least tell you if the dbx file is corrupt. If you copy the newsletters.dbx or whatever the non-showing folders are to a temporary location you can then safely experiment. I would even suggest copying all the dbx files including folders.dbx, which is crucial to decoding the other dbx files, to the safe location and then importing them into Outlook Express.

Jayeff 20:57 17 Aug 05

Thanks again Gongoozler. That looks like good advice and I will certainly try it out as soon as possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…