Disappearing iMesh saved Downloads

TN 19:42 PM 16 Oct 12

I have downloaded quite a few downloads into the iMesh Library. When I open iMesh they are listed in the Library OK. But according to the Tools/Preferences they are NOT in the file which I have selected. I have tried searching the computer for some of the titles I know are somewhere but there are no results. Has anyone any idea where they could be hiding when a search can't find they. The are NOT on line as I can play them when not connected. If it makes any difference I am running Windows 7 professional with lots of memory and free disk space. The reason I am looking for them is to transfer a few to my MP3 player.

iMesh Support 14:07 PM 17 Oct 12

Hi TN, I am from iMesh customer support and will do my best to help you.

The iMesh library songs are located locally on your computer, you can find\change the location by going to: 'Menu > Tools > Preferences > Library & Downloads'.

The Default download folder is usually on 'My Documents\My Music\iMesh' . (in case you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, the default downloads folder is located at: 'C:\Users\Music\iMesh')

Since the files are saved locally, they are not suppose to be deleted upon re-installing the application.

I hope that helps. If you have any further questions, please reply to this post and I will do my best to assist you.

TN 15:00 PM 17 Oct 12

Many thanks for your help - I still have the same problem - I'll give you one example: I downloaded 10cc Rubber Bullets - When I go to the search on Imesh, I'm told this is in my library already - when I go the the Library (where you said it was) most of my downloads are there but some like the 10CC one aren't - I just have had a thought: the 10cc one is actually a video. Should the videos be in the same place in the computer? In the iMesh listing there is a file named Videos but there is nothing in it! My apologies for giving you all this trouble but the music is for the wife and she is not pleased that I can't get the music she wants ;-( Thanks again

iMesh Support 15:43 PM 17 Oct 12

Hi there,

The music videos indicated with the Purple Video icon are streamed from YouTube.

You can add them to your library for easy re-access and add them to playlists. However you can not save these videos as files, as they are links only.

Free Peer-2-Peer downloads from other iMesh users are indicated with the green icon. These are files and are downloaded directly to your download folder on your pc or laptop.

I hope that this helps

iMesh Support 15:43 PM 17 Oct 12

Hi there,

The music videos indicated with the Purple Video icon are streamed from YouTube.

You can add them to your library for easy re-access and add them to playlists. However you can not save these videos as files, as they are links only.

Free Peer-2-Peer downloads from other iMesh users are indicated with the green icon. These are files and are downloaded directly to your download folder on your pc or laptop.

I hope that this helps

rdave13 15:54 PM 17 Oct 12

Just a thought, so tell me to go away if you wish . There might be some confusion about libraries? I assume iMesh has a library list but then so does Windows 7. If TN clicks on start, then on the top right, clicks on TN's name ( not documents, music etc.), in the window that opens you get to the proper folders (not Win 7 libraries). Ie, Downloads, MY Documents, MY Videos etc. They might be found there.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites