Disappearing Image in I.E.

harristweed 13:03 16 Dec 05

I have just spent two hours trying to make an image display properly in I.E.6

Using CSS I have a DIV with a background colour. In the DIV is an image. The image is visible. As soon as I apply the CSS property 'float: left' the image 'hides' under the background colour and therefore disappears.
But displays properly in Firefox.

As a work around I put a table in to the DIV and placed the image in the left cell.

Does anyone have a better fix, please?

PurplePenny 22:32 16 Dec 05

Can you post a link? It might be easier to spot the problem if we see it in action.

PurplePenny 22:45 16 Dec 05

I wonder if this is something that the Holly Hack would fix? I've never had cause to use it so I can't really comment on it but here it is:
click here

harristweed 09:59 17 Dec 05

Thanks for helping PurplePenny

Here's the link...

click here

Towards the bottom of the page are two colured boxes, the top one is the table, the lower one is CSS. As you can see, in the lower box, the images are behind the background. I've added an alt tag to prove it!

Here's the CSS for the DIV and for the image...

#productgl1 {
border: 1px solid green;
margin-bottom: 5px;
min-height: 121px;
color: #800000;
font-weight: bold;
background-color: #FFE0B3;
}

.logoleft {
float: left;
margin: 0 5px;
}

PurplePenny 10:33 17 Dec 05

I'll take a look at that later (after Christmas shopping!). I notice that the logo on the right also disappears. It works just fine in Opera by the way.

In the meantime you need to assign a background colour to the whole page. It is white on Firefox; but lilac in IE and Opera. They both use my default background colour if there is none in the page's code so in those two browsers most of the page has a pale lilac background.

harristweed 12:32 17 Dec 05

I discovered that in was the container DIV that caused the problem. I had the whole page in a DIV. Removing that solved it!

Thanks Penny (hope your shopping trip was not to expensive)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…