disappearing icons?

goomer 22:13 15 Oct 05

Hi,

I keep losing my icons? Every time I restart my win xp pro system I lose most of my taskbar icons. The only ones that keep appearing are my wireless network connection and norton systemworks. All the others have gone.. occasionally they appear after I install new software only to go again after a restart. Any ideas anyone please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:16 15 Oct 05

Where did my icons go?
If all of your desktop icons are missing, right click on the Desktop, select Arrange Icons By, then select Show Desktop Icons
click here

Stuartli 22:20 15 Oct 05

Right click the Taskbar>Properties>Ensure that Hide Inactive Icons is unchecked.

If this, by any chance, doesn't work, Enable Lock the Taskbar.

goomer 22:27 15 Oct 05

I should have said that I have already checked that sorry, Taskbar is locked and auto hide is disabled. Even If I use custom autohide option to "always show" the icons they still dont reappear ... hmm

woodchip 22:32 15 Oct 05

Have a look behind your desk someone may be nicking them

goomer 22:43 15 Oct 05

lol probably on a carboot sale somewhere .. let me know if you see them :)

VoG II 22:58 15 Oct 05
  goomer 23:19 15 Oct 05

Thanx VoG looks like that could be it SSDP was runnin. They arent back yet, I'll have to restart again later (in the middle of a dl) but I think that shud do it. Many thanks :)

goomer 23:35 15 Oct 05

woohoo!! I got 'em all back thanx again VoG. I dont have to go trudgin around the car boots now :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…