disappearing icon issue

Alf58 22:35 12 Jun 09

I'm running XP Pro and have an annoying problem. When I close some programmes all the desktop items disappear and then reappear. I know it is not a life or death problem but it is irritating and seems to be getting more frequent. Any ideas to rsolve this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:50 12 Jun 09

Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

Alf58 23:37 12 Jun 09

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a try when i have a few hours to spare. It's getting a bit late tonight.

Alf58 21:35 15 Jun 09

I tried your idea but nothing happened. i just got half a second glance at the black dos box and then nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

InTheCity 21:40 15 Jun 09

dont forget the space between c / when typing
sfc /scannow

Alf58 23:03 15 Jun 09

Yes! The Space is the issue. Thanks. I got scannow running and my icons no longer disappear.

Much gratitude to all concerned!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…