Disappearing Favourites Icons

numskull 21:09 05 Jan 05

I used to have nice little jazzy icons next to each favourite listed. I now have just the I.E icons next to each of them. I can get them to reappear if I add each one manaully but if I run CCleaner then it seems to return them all back to the I.E. icons.

Does anyone know what I have to turn off in CCleaner to avoid this?

VoG II 21:19 05 Jan 05

click here and download and run FavOrg 1.2

This should keep your FavIcons.

temp003 04:21 06 Jan 05

Normally the Favourites icons are stored in the Temporary Internet Files folder. They disappear after cleaning out the contents of that folder, and will come back after you visit the sites again - until the next cleanup.

You should still clean up your temp internet files folder from time to time. Just use a program to keep those icons as suggested by VoG.

numskull 09:54 06 Jan 05

Thanks for that programme VoG. I installed it last night and ran it. It seem to have done what I wanted it to.

I've unticked the temp internet folder in CCleaner but will clean it from time to time.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…